About our hospital
Established in 1916, Huntington Hospital is a full-service, 371-bed, nonprofit community hospital serving Huntington Township and the surrounding communities.
Huntington Hospital has been a member of Northwell Health since 1994, and shares the system’s dedication to providing world-class service and compassionate care that is focused on the patient.
Who we are
Huntington Hospital is proud to have been recognized with various awards and distinctions, including being listed as one of the top-ranked hospitals in New York state by U.S. News & World Report's 2016-18 best hospitals list.
Huntington Hospital has also once again achieved Magnet® status—the nation's highest recognition for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Huntington Hospital is the only hospital on Long Island and the second in the state—and one of only 33 in the country—to achieve this designation four consecutive times. That's a long history of extraordinary care.
The Magnet Recognition Program was developed by the ANCC to recognize healthcare organizations that provide exceptional nursing care and innovations in professional nursing practice. Consumers seeking the very best care can rely on Magnet designation as the ultimate credential—the gold standard—for high-quality nursing.
Mission & vision
At Huntington Hospital, we strive to improve the health and quality of life for the people and communities we serve by providing world-class service and patient-centered care. We are committed to the education of healthcare professionals, the expansion of knowledge through research, the development of our employees and the promotion of educational programs for the community. Consistent with our charitable status, we provide financial assistance to qualifying patients seeking medically required services.
Huntington Hospital strives to be an outstanding community hospital by continuously improving performance, enhancing patient care services and being responsive to the changing healthcare needs of the community.
Honors and awards
- Ranked among “Best Hospitals,” U.S. News & World Report (2018-19)
- Four-time recipient of Magnet Designation for Nursing Excellence, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Stroke Gold Plus Award - Get With The Guidelines, American Heart Association
- Gold Seal of Approval for Hip and Knee Replacements, The Joint Commission
- AAGL Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Surgical Review Corporation
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- Verified Level III Trauma Center, American College of Surgeons
- Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery, Surgical Review Corporation
- Designated Level II Neonatal Critical Care Center
- Accredited Breast Center, National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Accredited Cancer Program, American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Advanced Certification for Palliative Care, The Joint Commission
- Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality, Human Rights Campaign
- Own the Bane Star Performer, American Orthopaedic Association
- Magnet Recognition: Huntington Hospital